The Doctor of Chiropractic Program has specific prerequisites as follows:
Prior to beginning your chiropractic education, you must have completed minimum total of 90 semester credit hours or 135 quarter credit hours of non-duplicate coursework.
Of those overall hours completed, a minimum of 48 semester credit hours or 72 quarter credit hours must be credits in the coursework listed below, with a cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or above.
Required Coursework (each course must be earned at a 2.0 GPA or higher)
|Category||Semester Hours||Quarter Hours|
|English Language Skills||3||4.5|
|College Algebra (or higher)||3||4.5|
|Additional General Studies||12||18|
|Biological Sciences *||6||9|
|Additional Life/Natural Sciences *||12||18|
* At least half of these courses must have a substantive laboratory component.
Survey, or non-major courses, may not be accepted. Check with your Enrollment Specialist at (770) 543-3202.
In each of the distribution areas above, if more than one course is taken to fulfill the requirement, the course contents must be unduplicated.
In situations in which one or more courses have been repeated with equivalent courses, the most recent grade(s) may be used for grade point average computation and the earlier grade(s) may be disregarded.
Credits Earned via Examination: Applicants may earn a portion of the required/pre-requisite credits through examination or means other than formal coursework, but only if these credits are identified by an institution accredited by a nationally recognized agency and if the institution has formally accepted or awarded such credits. Admission to the Doctor of Chiropractic educational program may be contingent upon receipt of such evidence of earned credits by the Admissions Department.
1. Allows students who have earned an academic degree in a non-science discipline, or who have completed 90 Semester Credit Hours (SCH) or 135 Quarter Credit Hours (QCH) with a 2.75 to 2.99 GPA the opportunity to enter the Doctor of Chiropractic Program (DCP). Science disciplines include STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) degrees.
2. All eligible students will be considered on an individual basis, based on their educational transcript evaluation.
3. All eligible students will be provided the opportunity to matriculate into the DCP based on the following undergraduate preparation:
A. If 2.75 to 4.0 GPA with a non-science major or degree
i. One to two quarters of prescribed intensive science preparatory courses
ii. Completion of Chiropractic College Aptitude Test (CCAT)
B. If the 2.75 to 4.0 GPA in 90 SCH or 135 QCH including 24 SCH or 36 QCH of pre-requisiste natural and life sciences with a "C" or better.
4. Final decision for Chiropractic admissions rests with the Dean of the College of Chiropractic.
Not sure how your credit hours line up with Life University degree requirements?
1269 Barclay Circle, Marietta, GA 30060
(800) 543-3202 (770) 426-2600