- All students are required to complete a Record Review and petition for graduation.
- A Record Review is a mandatory meeting with the Registrar’s office in which we evaluate your degree completion and tell you any remaining requirements you must meet to be eligible for graduation.
- To be eligible: Undergraduate students should have more than 155 credits toward your degree; DC students should be in 12th Quarter or above; Graduate students should have advisor approval prior to making an appointment.
- Record Reviews should be completed PRIOR to your final quarter to ensure no delays in your graduation. Appointments are available weeks 2-4 of each quarter via email or in-person. There may be a delay in your graduation if you fail to schedule your appointment within the appointment window at least one quarter prior to your anticipated graduation.
- Schedule your Record Review Appointment by CLICKING HERE.
- Your graduation application is your official notification to Life University that you intend on graduating. It is mandatory to submit your application whether you intend on participating in a ceremony or not. There is no fee to submit your application or participate in the graduation ceremony.
- Your graduation application contains important information such as how you want your name to appear on your diploma and your post-graduation delivery address for mailing your diploma.
- If your anticipated graduation quarter changes, you must:
Submit your Petition for Graduation in EagleNet by clicking “Academics” then “Graduation Application”.
Degrees are conferred four times a year, at the end of each quarter. The date of the diploma reflects the term for which you applied and completed all degree requirements. Life University holds four commencement ceremonies: March (DC graduates only), June (all graduates), September (DC graduates only) and December (all graduates). Please be advised that undergraduate and graduate students will not be allowed to participate in the March or September ceremonies.
GRADES AND GRADE POINT AVERAGE (GPA)
A “C” average (2.0 GPA) in all major courses is required in the College of Undergraduate Studies and College of Chiropractic, with the exception of the Nutrition Department (undergraduate) where a “B” average (3.0 GPA) is required. A “B” average (3.0 GPA) is required in the College of Graduate Studies. Receiving a “D” or “F” in a major course or failing to obtain the required GPA during your final quarter can result in your degree not being awarded.
MEETING WITH ADVISOR(S)
You must meet with each major advisor to discuss your graduation plan. Refer to EagleNet under “My Progress” to see your degree completion and plan your meeting with your advisor.
UPDATE CONTACT INFORMATION
Keep your address and phone number(s) current. You should also regularly check your Life University student email account to view important messages sent by the Office of the Registrar regarding degree requirements and progress toward degree completion.
CAPS & GOWNS
Graduates participating in Life University commencement ceremonies will be provided a cap and gown. Contact the Office of Student Affairs at 770.426.2700 for additional information.
Diplomas are ordered after all final grades have been verified and your degree has been conferred by the Office of the Registrar. Once ordered, the diploma may take up to six weeks to arrive. If you have any graduation or student account holds, your diploma will not be ordered until rectified. Please ensure you do not have any outstanding holds that will delay this process.
Once all final grades have been verified and your degree has been conferred, final transcripts will be available. Life University does not provide complimentary transcripts. For more information about obtaining transcripts, please click here.