2019 NBCE Student Essay Competition
- In good academic standing and enrolled in a U.S., CCE-accredited, chiropractic program at any time during 2019.
- Essay is submitted by October 1, 2019.
- Submit an original essay on any topic of your choice, as long as the topic is relevant to Chiropractic. These may include: history, philosophy, practice perspectives, jurisprudence/law, ethics, theory, sociology, politics, or social sciences.
- To enter the competition, submit two items by email:
- An original essay, submitted as a Word document. Length: no shorter than 1,200 and no longer than 3,000 words. Word count does not include references. Include title page with your name, cell phone and email.
- A letter from your registrar confirming enrollment and that you are in good academic standing in your chiropractic program.
- Judging criteria: relevance to the chiropractic profession, scholarly style, writing quality, originality and use of references. Announcements of winning essays will be made by December 31, 2019.
- Only one essay is allowed per student per competition and only one author per essay. Students who submitted in the past but did not win may compete again with a new essay.
- Email materials to NBCEstudentscholarship@gmail.com by October 1, 2019.
The NBCE Scholarship competition is administered by an outside corporation, Brighthall. All questions about the competition should be directed to Dr. Claire Johnson at NBCEstudentscholarship@gmail.com.