The Human Resources Department is committed to advancing LIFE’s goal of providing a performance-centered environment in which all Life University community members are inspired and empowered by supporting a culture of innovation and opportunity. We support the University’s mission of excellence in teaching and patient care through leading, supporting, and partnering with the Life University community to achieve workplace excellence.
Life University provides a wide range of opportunities for personal growth in educational and clinical environments in alignment with the University’s goal of creating an effective and supportive student learning environment through commitment, energy, teamwork and service of its faculty and staff. In addition to competitive salary and and outstanding benefits package, LIFE offers faculty and staff a place to build a career and create a future of unlimited potential.
Annual Open Enrollment
Open Enrollment Material
Eligible employees have the option to enroll in the group health insurance plan, which includes pharmacy, and is administered by Cigna. Available options include two Open Access Plus plans and two High Deductible from which eligible employees may select.
- Plan 1: Summary of Benefits (OAP Premiere National)
- Plan 2: Summary of Benefits (LP Standard Narrow)
- Plan 3: Summary of Benefits (OAP HDHP Premiere National)
- Plan 4: Summary of Benefits (LP HDHP Standard Narrow)
Preventative Care Services are covered at 100% under all plans.
Eligible employees can select from three different Cigna dental insurance plans.
Cigna MAC Plan
Cigna 90th Plan
Cigna DHMO Plan
Plan Terminology and Definitions
Plan Notifications to Participants
- Master Plan Document
- Federal Marketplace Notice
- HIPAA Notice of Privacy Practices
- Newborns’ and Mothers’ Health Protection Act
- Women’s Health and Cancer Rights Act
Eligible employees may elect Vision Insurance through Lincoln Financial Group
Health Spending Account (HSA)
Employees electing to participate in one of the HDHP medical plans will automatically be enrolled into an HSA. With an HDHP/HSA plan, the following apply:
- Lower premiums compared to the PPOs, but a higher deductible.
- You’ll pay your deductible first before your insurance plan pays anything for most services, and then you’ll pay coinsurance, not copays, in most instances.
- A health savings account (HSA) can help you save for your healthcare now and in the future, and it offers tax benefits.
- You can take the savings from your lower premium and put them in your HSA to cover your deductible.
- Your HSA balance carries over each year―and you can take it with you if you leave or retire!
- The IRS sets a limit on how much money you can put in your HSA each year (includes employer contributions).
- Your full contribution amount will not be available to you upfront. You may only spend the funds that have been added to your HSA.
Health Savings Account Resources
Flexible Spending Account & Dependent Care (FSA)
Use flexible spending accounts (FSA) to pay for healthcare and dependent care while saving money on your taxes. An FSA allows you to pay certain expenses from your pre-tax income rather than after-tax income. The maximum amount you can contribute to an FSA is set by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS).
Life and Disability Insurance
Life University provides a Basic Life and Accidental Death/Dismemberment policy for eligible, full-time employees and pays 100% of the cost.
In addition, the University pays 100% of the premium to provide both Short- and Long-Term Disability coverage to eligible, full-time employees.
Additional Voluntary Life Insurance is available to eligible employees through payroll deduction.
Optional Worksite Coverage
Additional lines of insurance coverage are available to eligible employees. Offerings include:
- Critical Illness
- Universal Life with Long Term Care Rider
- Long Term Care
- Legal Services
Under current tax law, employees are permitted to put aside a portion of gross income and defer paying taxes on that income and the interest it earns until such time as you receive the funds (generally upon retirement). The university offers a 401(k) plan, which make it possible for employees to take advantage of this provision in the law. Deferred Compensation plans are geared for retirement, so contributions cannot be withdrawn before separation from service unless indicated by the plan document.
2019 Maximum Contribution Limits
Age 50 or older: $25,000
Under age 50: $19,000
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
The EAP offers phone and web-based assistance to employees and managers when they need help with day-to-day issues, so they can be at their best — at work and at home.
100% Confidential Services – Available 24/7 – Call 1-888-628-4824. Assistance is available for:
- Unlimited phone access to Legal, Financial and work-life services
- In-person help with short-term issues
- Up to four face-to-face sessions per issue per year
- Get assistance with managing stress, caring for children or aging parents, grief and loss issues
Other Employee Benefits
Policies & Disclosures
- Faculty Handbook
- Employee Referral Program
- Promotion, Reclassification & Transfer Policy
- Social Media Policy
- Computer Use Policy
- Fraternization and Employment of Relatives Policy
- Alcohol & Drug Abuse Policy
- Family Medical & Leave Act
- Grievance Process
- Conflict of Interest Policy
- Tobacco and Smoke Free Campus Policy
- Sexual Misconduct
- Growth Through Life Policy
- Family and Medical Leave Act
- Employee Development Plan Review Form
- Transfer Policy
- Leave Request Form
- Travel/Expense Policy
- Direct Deposit Form
- Interview Checklist
- Interview EEO Log
- Interview Evaluation Form
- Student Worker Attendance Form
- Employee Counseling Form
- Address/Name Change Form
- Employee Reimbursement Form
- Growth Through LIFE Tuition Application
- Grievance Appeal Form
- Annual Supervisor Performance Appraisal
- Annual Employee Performance Appraisal
- 90 Day Supervisor Performance Appraisal
- 90 Day Employee Performance Appraisal
- Volunteer Service Application
- Volunteer Service Agreement Release Form
- 401(k) Annual Report
- Lincoln Financial Group
- Budgeting for Your Financial Future
- LFG May 2015 Market Review
- Credit Union of Georgia
- 401(k) Plan Fees & Disclosures
- 2015 Employee Benefit Limits
- Employee Debt Obligation Policy