- All students are required to complete a Record Review and petition for graduation.
- A Record Review is a mandatory meeting with the Registrar’s office in which we evaluate your degree completion and tell you any remaining requirements you must meet to be eligible for graduation.
- To be eligible: Undergraduate students should have more than 155 credits toward your degree; DC students should be in 12th Quarter or above; Graduate students should have advisor approval prior to making an appointment.
- Record Reviews should be completed PRIOR to your final quarter to ensure no delays in your graduation. Appointments are available weeks 2-4 of each quarter via email or in-person. There may be a delay in your graduation if you fail to schedule your appointment within the appointment window at least one quarter prior to your anticipated graduation.
- Schedule your Record Review Appointment by CLICKING HERE.
Petition For Graduation
- Your graduation petition is your official notification to Life University that you intend on graduating. It is mandatory to submit a petition whether you intend on participating in a ceremony or not. There is no fee to petition or participate in a graduation ceremony.
- Your petition contains important information such as how you want your name to appear on your diploma and your post-graduation delivery address for mailing your diploma.
- If your anticipated graduation quarter changes, you must:
- Submit a new petition for your new anticipated graduation term.
- Fill out an “Extended Graduation Form” and turn it in to the Registrar’s office at the Advocacy Center or by emailing it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Notify the Registrar’s office at email@example.com that you have changed your anticipated graduation term.
Submit your Petition for Graduation by CLICKING HERE.
Degrees are conferred four times a year, at the end of each quarter. The date of the diploma reflects the term for which you applied and completed all degree requirements. Life University holds four commencement ceremonies: March (DC graduates only), June (all graduates), September (DC graduates only) and December (all graduates). Please be advised that undergraduate and graduate students will not be allowed to participate in the March or September ceremonies.
GRADES AND GRADE POINT AVERAGE (GPA)
A “C” average (2.0 GPA) in all major courses is required in the College of Undergraduate Studies and College of Chiropractic, with the exception of the Nutrition Department (undergraduate) where a “B” average (3.0 GPA) is required. A “B” average (3.0 GPA) is required in the College of Graduate Studies. Receiving a “D” or “F” in a major course or failing to obtain the required GPA during your final quarter can result in your degree not being awarded.
MEETING WITH ADVISOR(S)
You must meet with each major advisor to discuss your graduation plan. Refer to EagleNet under “My Progress” to see your degree completion and plan your meeting with your advisor.
UPDATE CONTACT INFORMATION
Keep your address and phone number(s) current. You should also regularly check your Life University student email account to view important messages sent by the Office of the Registrar regarding degree requirements and progress toward degree completion.
CAPS & GOWNS
Graduates participating in Life University commencement ceremonies will be provided a cap and gown. Contact the Office of Student Services at 770.426.2700 for additional information.
Diplomas are ordered after all final grades have been verified and your degree has been conferred by the Office of the Registrar. Once ordered, the diploma may take up to six weeks to arrive. If you have any graduation or student account holds, your diploma will not be ordered until rectified. Please ensure you do not have any outstanding holds that will delay this process.
Once all final grades have been verified and your degree has been conferred, final transcripts will be available. Life University does not provide complimentary transcripts. For more information about obtaining transcripts, please click here.