arrow-down arrow-left arrow-nav arrow-right arrow-up close db-alumni db-current db-faculty db-fmaily db-future db-online download facebook gallery help linked-in maximize menu minimize pause play print search share twitter youtube zinfolio

Student Orientation Frequently Asked Questions

FAQs for Student Orientation

Do I have to attend all days of orientation?

Yes. It is very important to attend all aspects of orientation. You will receive important information and have a chance to engage your classmates as well as faculty and staff members at LIFE.

When will I get my student ID?

You will have an opportunity to get your student ID during exhibit hall. You can also get it the first day of classes.

When do I get my parking decal?

You will have an opportunity to get your parking decal during exhibit hall. You need to have your student ID before you can get your parking decal. You can also get it the first day of classes. For more information about Campus Safety, please click here.

What is a PASS advisor?

A PASS (Progressive Advisement for Student Success) Advisor works closely with many departments on campus to ensure that students’ needs are met. Students visit the PASS Advisor at least once per quarter to discuss registration and course selections for the upcoming quarter. At the completion of two quarters with the College of Chiropractic and three quarters in the College of Undergraduate Studies, students are transitioned to a Faculty Advisor for the remainder of their academic career. However, the PASS Advisors are always there to help. The PASS Advisors also teach FYE (First Year Experience) courses for the College of Undergraduate Studies and the College of Chiropractic.

How do I find out who my PASS advisor is?

The PASS Advisors make contact with students after acceptance by the Enrollment Management team. They discuss orientation and class scheduling for the students’ first few quarters. You can contact the Student Advocacy Center to find out who your PASS advisor is at 770.426.2667.

Where is my appointment with my PASS advisor?

You will meet with your PASS advisor in his/her office located in the Student Advocacy Center. The advocacy center is located in the Learning Resources Center.

Where can I receive chiropractic care as a student?

All students and their immediate families (parent, spouse and dependent child living in the same household) can receive chiropractic care at no charge at the Campus Center for Health and Optimum Performance (CC-HOP).

Where is the CC-HOP?

The CC-HOP is located in the Administration building (by Lyceum Park).

How can I be a patient at CC-HOP?

In order to be a patient, you can call 770.426.2664 and tell them you’d like to begin care. An office assistant will record your contact information, and you should receive a phone call from a student Intern within a week.

How do I access the Wellness Center?

All students can access the Wellness Center to work out, take classes and request the services of a personal trainer once they have completed a Wellness Center liability form. Spouses and significant others can also access the center by contacting the center director and requesting permission.

Do I have to change my driver’s license and tags?

For information about this, please refer to the Georgia Department of Driver Services.

What do I need to bring to orientation?

For a short list of things to bring with you to orientation, please refer to the Orientation check list.

What do I need to do to register to vote?

If you wish to register to vote, you can visit the Student Affairs office for a voter registration form. You can also access resources online by clicking here.

We use cookies to give you the best online experience. By agreeing, you accept the use of cookies in accordance with our cookie policy. You can always change your settings with the Policy Center link in the footer.          Cookie Settings.

Privacy Settings

When you visit any web site, it may store or retrieve information on your browser, mostly in the form of cookies which we use to offer you a better experience and related content. Control your personal Cookie Services here.

In order to use this website we use the following technically required cookies
  • wordpress_test_cookie
  • wordpress_logged_in_
  • wordpress_sec
  • wp-settings-8
  • wp-settings-time-8

  • wp-settings-8
  • wp-settings-time-8

Decline all Services
Accept all Services