SBAT makes recommendations for treatment, disciplinary action and/or other responses to the Vice President of Student Affairs and other campus officials as appropriate, with the ultimate goal of promoting student health, safety and success within a thriving educational environment.
- Provide a safe, physical environment for members of the LIFE community.
- Provide a safe, emotional environment for members of the LIFE community.
- Promote peace of mind for friends and family of the LIFE community.
- Balance the individual needs of the student and those of the greater LIFE community.
- Provide a structured, positive method of addressing student behaviors of concern which impact the LIFE community, including mental health and/or issues of physical and emotional safety.
- Manage each case individually, discreetly and effectively.
- Initiate appropriate intervention in an effort to overt the need for punitive measures.
- Facilitate a coordinated response for students within and across relevant departments, as appropriate.
- Balance the educational, physical and emotional needs of the student and the academic and philosophic missions of Life University.
- Serve as a resource for students, faculty and staff regarding issues and needs pertaining to student behavior.
André L. Clanton, Chair, Director of Conflict Resolution and Accountability
Dr. Lisa Rubin, Director Student Success Center
Robert Koker, Campus Safety Manager
Dr. Bernadette Lavender, Associate Dean of the College of Chiropractic
Dr. Michael Smith, Associate Dean, College of Graduate and Undergraduate Studies
Vincent D. Hinton, Director of Counseling Services
Dr. Janna Bredeson, Dean of Students