LIFE UNIVERSITY AND ATLANTA
- Life University is home to the largest single campus chiropractic college in the world.
- Life University is home to a 110-acre campus with 33 buildings and offers 5+ miles of walking trails.
- The Applied Clinical Neuroscience Institute at Life University is considered a thought leader in vestibular therapy and chiropractic neurology research.
- LIFE faculty member, Ron Kirk, D.C., developed the world-recognized “Straighten Up America” program to help children learn to care for the spinal health.
- Life University’s campus is 35 minutes from the one of the busiest international airports in the world.
- Life University is perennially among the top chiropractic researchers in the country in terms of projects underway and number of faculty and students invited to present at ACC-RAC.
- Life University currently has an enrollment of 2,692 students: 718 undergraduates and 1,974 graduate/professionals. 51% of those are female and 49% are male.
- The first year retention rate of Life University students is 77%.
- 38% of Life University’s student body are minority students.
- 27% of Life University’s students are Georgia residents while 73% are non-residents.
- Public Health Online ranked LIFE’s nutrition program in the Top 40 in the country in 2015.
- Life University’s innovative Master of Athletic Training is one of only 35 such programs in the world.
- Life University’s Master of Science in Positive Psychology degree is one of just three similar programs in the country.
- Life University’s Dietetic Internship program has a 100% completion rate.
- Life University offers a growing number of undergraduate and graduate degrees as well as a Doctor of Chiropractic degree.
- 38% of Life University students are minority: Black (18%), Hispanic (16%), and International Students (5%)
- More than 25 countries are represented by our international students.
- One million dollars available in financial aid to Life University undergrads.
- More than 70 student clubs or organizations on campus.
- There are more than 60,000 patient visits at LIFE’s on campus outpatient clinic each year.
- There are approximately 450 patient visits per quarter to LIFE Sport Science Institute (LSSI).
- Socrates Café is one of the most sustainable college dining facilities in the country, featuring organic and sustainable farming practices for produce and protein, use of community sponsored agriculture, low-carbon output, as well as recycling, composting and biodegradable waste practices.
- The LIFE Village Retreat is the first stick-built college dormitory to achieve gold-level certification from LEED and the U.S. Green Building Council.
- Life University’s rugby program is one of the top programs in the country, making the D1A National Championship finals in each of the past three seasons, winning in 2013.
FACULTY & CLASS SIZE
- Life University offers a Student to Faculty ratio of 16:1.
- Life University currently has 183 Faculty members; 70% of which are full time and 30% being part time.
- 55% of Life University faculty members are males and 45% are female.
- 26% of the Life University faculty members are minorities.
Life University offers many varsity, club, and intramural sports for students. Visit the Running Eagles page for up-to-date information about Life University Athletics.
- 8 Men’s Varsity Sports
- 11 Women’s Varsity Sports
- 1 Co-ed Varsity Sport
2018 APPLICATION DEADLINES
- Winter Quarter—Deadline: December 9, 2017
- Spring Quarter—Deadline: March 3, 2018
- Summer Quarter—Deadline: June 9, 2018
- Fall Quarter—Deadline: September 1, 2018
Applications submitted or completed after the applicable term deadline may not be considered for admission for that term.
Academic Term Start Dates are generally 30 days following the application deadline. (Exact dates can be found in the online Academic Calendar.)
NOTE: International application deadlines are one month prior to the domestic application deadlines published above and elsewhere.
COST OF ATTENDANCE
Official test scores, for those who are required to provide these, must be sent directly by mail from testing agencies.
- The SAT code for Life University is 7006
- The ACT code for Life University is 0845
- The GRE code for Life University is 5358
- The FAFSA code for Life University is 014170
Check LIFE.edu/VisitLIFE for on-campus event opportunities like LIFE Leadership Weekend (Chiropractic) and Eagle Madness Undergraduate Preview Day!
- D.C. Campus Visits are held most Mondays and Fridays from 8:30 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- U.G. Campus Visits are held one Tuesday a month from 2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. and most Fridays from 11:00 a.m. to 1:15 p.m.
- Graduate Campus Visits are held most Thursdays from 1:00 p.m. to 2:30 p.m.