Download LiveSafe App Today
Life University is providing all students, faculty and staff with the LiveSafe app – a safety tool that provides a quick, convenient and discreet way to communicate with LIFE Campus Safety officials, enhancing your overall safety and allowing Campus Safety officials to better protect you.
- Communication: To increase communication between the LIFE community and Campus Safety officials in order to increase safety and awareness
- Prevention: To be a preventive measure in stopping crimes and incidents before they occur
- Collaboration: To leverage the community’s eyes and ears in helping keep campus safe
- Report Tips: The “Report Tips” feature allows you to send text, picture, video and audio directly to LIFE Campus Safety officials in real-time, and anonymously if you prefer. You can share information about any safety incidents or concerns, such as suspicious activity, theft, harassment and more. You can also engage in a live chat with a Campus Safety official.
- Emergency Options: By calling 911, calling LIFE Campus Safety or Messaging LIFE Campus Safety officials from the “Emergency Options” screen, you will initiate location tracking, allowing Campus Safety officials to see where you are and respond to you more quickly in an emergency situation. You can easily stop location tracking at any time after the call is placed.
- SafeWalk: Get from place to place safely by using SafeWalk to invite your contacts to “virtually escort” you, allowing them to follow your location on a map as they chat with you. You can request to virtually escort others as well.
- Receive Alerts: Stay up-to-date by receiving important safety notifications and emergency alerts from LIFE Campus Safety officials.
- Complete your profile: To gain the maximum benefit of the LiveSafe app, make sure to complete your user profile with your mobile phone number. This helps LIFE better respond to reports you send in.
- Enable Push Notifications: Allow “Push Notifications” to be enabled in your Settings. Life University CampusSafety will send important alerts through SMS, email and push notifications. You will not be spammed.
- Enable Location Services: Be sure to enable location services. Safety officials rely on GPS data to better serve and protect you. When you report an incident or make an emergency call through the app, Life University will see your location so they can respond quickly. Don’t worry! You are not being actively tracked and can stop location tracking (when used during emergencies) any time you want.
- Download “LiveSafe” from the App Store or Google Play (Enable location services and push notifications when prompted).
- Sign up using your mobile phone number.
- Create a password and fill in your name.
- Search for “Life University” to connect with the organization.
- Add your email to your profile (Left Menu > Settings > Profile).