The Health Care Compliance Office is a part of the University Clinic System.
Compliance Office Expertise
The Compliance Officer and designated HIPAA Privacy Officer is Tim Guest, B.A., D.C. Dr. Guest is a member of the Health Care Compliance Association (HCCA). He brings 20-plus years of private practice and chiropractic education experience to the Compliance Office.
Purpose of the Life University Compliance Office:
The purpose of the Life University Compliance Program is to ensure the observance of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 – HIPAA, the HITECH Act of the Economic Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009, the Omnibus Rule changes to HIPAA of 2013, Office of Inspector General Policies and all three provisions of the Stark Law.
The Compliance Committee:
The Compliance Committee membership is determined by the areas of the Life University Campus that have been identified to have responsibility for the management, utilization and/or storage of Personal Health Information. This designation of specific areas determines Life University’s Hybrid Entity status.
In addition to the Compliance Officer, who serves as the Chair, the Committee must include:
- The Dean of the clinic system or his/her designee
- The Director of the Student Success Center or his/her designee
- The Director of the Life University Sport Science Institute or his/her designee
- The Director of Human Resources or his/her designee
- The IT Security Officer or his/her designee
- The Director of the Office of Sponsored Research and Scholarly Activity or his/her designee
- The Director of Nutrition or his/her designee
- The Director of the Life Functional Neurology Center or his/her designee.
For questions or comments for the Compliance Office please contact:
Dr. Tim Guest
(770) 426-2935 ext. 2935
Documents for HIPAA training may be accessed on the Life University Blackboard site under the course designation HIPAA101.