Course Evaluation – Student FAQ
Course Evaluation – Student FAQ
Frequently Asked Questions about Campus Labs Course Evaluation System and the Student Ratings of Instruction (SRI)
How do I demonstrate I have completed an SRI?
- When you log onto the Campus Lab site, you will see a screen that lists courses that have SRI’s you can complete. You will also see a link to Completed SRI’s in the upper right-hand corner.
- You can either print this page or save it as an html document and send it via email to your instructor.
Are results confidential?
- Confidentiality is the central tenet of the course evaluation system.
- No individual can see ANY responses to an evaluation until grades have been submitted and finalized for the course.
- The system does not allow an instructor or anyone at Life University to connect ANY quantitative responses with an individual student; unless a student identifies him or herself in the written comments, qualitative responses are similarly assured of confidentiality.
Who sees my responses?
- Each instructor who is evaluated sees collective responses from all students who participated in the SRI.
- Department heads and program administrators are also granted access to SRI results.
- Select faculty members or administrators may view some class results if they are serving in a supervisory capacity, such as a course or lab coordinator.
How do I know if there are any SRI’s for me to complete?
- Students receive an email invitation from the Office of Institutional Effectiveness every quarter they are enrolled at Life University. The email will contain all the information you need to know about the course evaluation process, and when to complete SRI. The email invitation will be sent when each administration opens.
You will also receive reminder emails every few days.
*Note: students do not have the option to opt out of receiving reminder emails.
Do I have to complete the SRI’s?
- Life University strongly encourages students to offer their input but does not mandate that student’s complete SRI’s currently.
- However, your individual instructor may require you submit an SRI.
I no longer want to receive emails regarding course evaluations?
- Unfortunately, students do not have the option to opt out of receiving emails regarding course evaluations. If a student is enrolled in a course that has a scheduled SRI, they will automatically receive emails regarding the SRI evaluation for that course.
Why didn’t I receive an email about evaluations?
- The Campus Labs Course Evaluation system sends automatic emails to the official address listed in the Life University Directory. You may wish to verify your directory information.
- You may have a spam filter that is blocking the email. Please check your junk mail folder and spam protection settings.
- You can always log into the system at any time by following this link https://life.campuslabs.com/courseeval or by logging into Blackboard and click on the link as shown below, which can be found on the organizational or course tab and clicking the internal link that looks like this:
Why can’t I log into the system?
- The Campus Labs Course Evaluation system is directly linked to the Single-Sign-On (SSO) system of Life University. The same username and password that you use for Blackboard is used to enter this site. If you have issues, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.