The Procurement Office is comprised of the Purchasing and Mail & Shipping departments and manages vendor relations, purchasing processes and workflow, mail, shipping and receiving for the University.
A purchase order is required by most of our suppliers for order placement. The process requires a requisition form be completed via DocuSign and receive appropriate approvals prior to the assignment of a PO number by our department. Once the vendor receives the PO number they will process and fulfill the order. Orders placed without a valid PO number may delay payment to the vendor. Accounts Payable must have an invoice to pay the vendor – not a statement, quote, or estimate. Download more detail or watch a video demo.
LIFE’s virtual mechanism for university-specific items has been Central Stores. Scantron forms, letterhead stationery, name badges and wall plates were just a few items that were ordered thru this process. With increased print-on-demand services, the need to continue this virtual store has reached an end. Effective immediately, please send all inquiries/requests using a requisition (PO).
Departmental Eagle Cards
Department Eagle Cards can be used at all campus eateries as well as the LIFE U Shop and can be requested using the DocuSign template “Departmental eBucks Card Request”. For more details or for questions on usage, contact the Procurement Officer.
DocuSign account management is now handled by the I.T. Department. For new account creation, password reset or template management, submit an I.T. Support Ticket.
If you are considering a product or service from a new vendor (one that LIFE has not done business with before), they must be pre-approved by the Procurement Department by first submitting a completed New Vendor Information packet via DocuSign. The form will be automatically routed to purchasing@LIFE.edu. If you have any questions, please contact the Purchasing Department.
LIFE University’s designated office supply vendor is Perimeter Office Products. Department heads can request an employee be issued a login for ordering office supplies. Please send new user requests to Purchasing@LIFE.edu and ensure to include name, email, department code and approver. Perimeter Office Products will email your credentials then you can login here.
Official Mail & Shipping Services
All intra-office, official mail, packages, and freight shipments for the University are handled by the Mail & Shipping Services staff, located within the Procurement Office at 1250 LIFE’s Way, Bldg. 1000.
Our designated domestic shippers are USPS and UPS with DHL for international shipments.
UPS & DHL logins for department admins can be requested by department heads or above. Send login requests to MailServices@LIFE.edu.
Once you receive login credentials:
- UPS shipping labels can be created at campusship.ups.com/login/lifeuniversity.
- DHL shipping labels and supporting customs documentation can be processed at https://mydhl.express.dhl/us.
Personal Mail & Shipping Services
- Incoming – All mail and packages are processed by the Mail & Shipping team at the main dock. Once scanned and sorted, packages are transferred to automated parcel lockers located outside the Harris Center and inside the Commons. Click the link to view Mail & Shipping FAQs.
- Outgoing – Free shipping supplies (envelopes, boxes, packing material) are in the hallway outside the Procurement Office and can be used for mailing USPS letters and packages as well as UPS and DHL. Payment for postage and shipping charges is handled by credit/debit card with a minimum $1.00 charge. A .50 surcharge is applied to all package shipments regardless of size/weight and 1st class letters are billed at the current retail rate.
- Shipping Savings
- When shipping within Georgia or neighboring states, choosing UPS GROUND service, will usually deliver next day, providing proof of delivery and avoiding the increased express/overnight cost!
- Drop off your prepared package to Mail & Shipping/Dock to avoid “Request Pickup” fees from the carrier. Packages received will be picked up by UPS during their daily route.
- Exception – outgoing DHL and FedEx shipments will require you to place a pickup request as they are not on our daily delivery route.
Students & Clubs
- Submit a purchase order (PO) in advance to a vendor for goods or services not received yet.
- Submit receipts for goods or services already purchased without a PO.