The Procurement Office is comprised of the Purchasing Department and Mail & Shipping Services (MSS). We manage vendor relations, purchasing processes and workflow, mail, shipping and receiving for the University.
A purchase order is required by most of our suppliers for order placement. The process requires a requisition form be completed via DocuSign and receive appropriate approvals prior to the assignment of a PO number by our department. Once the vendor receives the PO number they will process and fulfill the order. Orders placed without a valid PO number may delay payment to the vendor. Accounts Payable must have an invoice to pay the vendor – not a statement, quote, or estimate. Download more detail or watch a video demo.
LIFE’s virtual outlet for university-specific items is called Central Stores. Use this link to submit requests for name badges face paper as well as VariDesk products. Click here for letterhead stationery, envelopes, and business cards. Email Purchasing@LIFE.edu for all other items not covered here.
Print Concierge Service (PCS)
MSS (Mail & Shipping Services) under the direction of the Procurement Office can now provide employees with limited print shop services. From color printing class materials to folding documents, our PCS was created to increase your productivity and save manhours and funds spent for external printers. Click here to submit your request.
All submitted jobs require a minimum of 24 business hours for completion – no exceptions. If you have questions, contact the Procurment Officer. Print and fold services are solely for course/class materials, not personal printing.
Students & Clubs
- Submit deposit documentation for cash/checks received for student organization.
- Submit a purchase order (PO) in advance to a vendor for goods or services not received yet.
- Submit receipts for goods or services already purchased without a PO.
Departmental eBucks Cards
Department eBucks Cards can be used at all campus eateries as well as the LIFE U Shop. Funding for the cards is pulled from the department’s budget and reset each fiscal year. BPOs that are assigned to the card(s) are allocated when the BPO is created, but not deducted until the card is used. BPO funds can be added to NEW or EXISTING eBucks cards by submitting an approved DocuSign request. Click the link “BPO Creation/Increase Request for Departmental eBucks Card” or complete from your DocuSign account. For more details or for questions on usage, contact the Procurement Officer.
DocuSign account management is now handled by the I.T. Department. For new account creation, password reset or template management, submit an I.T. Support Ticket.
Reimbursements are submitted directly to Finance via DocuSign. Utilize this link to complete the form and submit your receipt(s).
If you are considering a product or service from a new vendor or if Finance requests an update for an existing vendor/employee, the Purchasing Department must update the Colleague database before they can be paid. You must initiate this by submitting the W9/W8-BEN Coversheet via DocuSign. This will obtain necessary vendor/employee contact information and documents for payment. Once Purchasing has completed the form, a vendor number will be assigned, and A/P will be notified. If you have any questions, please contact the Procurement Officer.
LIFE University’s designated office supply vendor is Perimeter Office Products. Department heads can request an employee be issued a login for ordering office supplies. Please send new user requests to Purchasing@LIFE.edu and ensure to include name, email, department code and approver. Perimeter Office Products will email your credentials then you can login here.
Official Mail & Shipping Services
All intra-office, official mail, packages, and freight shipments for the University are handled by the Mail & Shipping Services staff, located within the Procurement Office at 1250 LIFE’s Way, Bldg. 1000.
Our designated domestic shippers are USPS and UPS with DHL for international shipments.
UPS & DHL logins for department admins can be requested by department heads or above. Send login requests to MailServices@LIFE.edu.
Once you receive login credentials:
- UPS shipping labels can be created at campusship.ups.com/login/lifeuniversity.
- DHL shipping labels and supporting customs documentation can be processed at https://mydhl.express.dhl/us.
Personal Mail & Shipping Services
- Incoming – All mail and packages are processed by the Mail & Shipping team at the main dock. Once scanned and sorted, packages are transferred to automated parcel lockers located outside the Harris Center and inside the Commons. Click the link to view Mail & Shipping FAQs.
- Outgoing – Free shipping supplies (envelopes, boxes, packing material) are in the hallway outside the Procurement Office and can be used for mailing USPS letters and packages as well as UPS and DHL. Payment for postage and shipping charges is handled by credit/debit card with a minimum $1.00 charge. A .50 surcharge is applied to all package shipments regardless of size/weight and 1st class letters are billed at the current retail rate.
- Shipping Savings
- When shipping within Georgia or neighboring states, choosing UPS GROUND service, will usually deliver next day, providing proof of delivery and avoiding the increased express/overnight cost!
- Drop off your prepared package to Mail & Shipping/Dock to avoid “Request Pickup” fees from the carrier. Packages received will be picked up by UPS during their daily route.
- Exception – outgoing DHL and FedEx shipments will require you to place a pickup request as they are not on our daily delivery route.