The Human Resources Department is committed to advancing LIFE’s goal of providing a performance-centered environment in which all Life University community members are inspired and empowered by supporting a culture of innovation and opportunity. The Office of Human Resources support the University’s mission of excellence in teaching and patient care through leading, supporting, and partnering with the Life University community to achieve workplace excellence.
Life University provides a wide range of opportunities for personal growth in educational and clinical environments in alignment with the University’s goal of creating an effective and supportive student learning environment through commitment, energy, teamwork and service of its faculty and staff. In addition to competitive salary and and outstanding benefits package, LIFE offers faculty and staff a place to build a career and create a future of unlimited potential.
This link leads to the machine-readable files that are made available in response to the federal Transparency in Coverage Rule and includes negotiated service rates and out-of-network allowed amounts between health plans and healthcare providers. The machine readable files are formatted to allow researchers, regulators, and application developers to more easily access and analyze data.
Annual Open Enrollment
Open Enrollment Material
Hospital Care Plan
- This open enrollment period employees will have the opportunity to enroll the NEW Hospital Care Plan for a 1/1/23 effective date.
- This plan is a great way to add extra protection! Although it can be paired with any of the medical plans, those enrolled in one of the HDHP/HSA plans will find this policy particularly beneficial. It provides extra cushion for those out-of-pocket expenses associated with a hospital stay.
- The plan pays a benefit for hospital admission, daily benefit for a hospital stay, ICU benefits, and more.
- It also includes a $50 Wellness Benefit. That’s right – Cigna wants to pay members for having their free preventive care screening or COVID-19 immunization completed! If employees are enrolled in more than one of the Cigna worksite plans, they can double dip on this benefit and collect on both policies!
- There are two easy ways to enroll in the new Hospital Care plan.
- Enroll through ADP.
- Enroll through Easy Apps by visiting https://PAS.easyappsonline.com with username lifeunee and password lifeunee. This is a simple and quick enrollment option just for the Hospital Care plan. You can avoid going through all the steps and benefits in ADP. You just need your personal information and the personal information of any dependents you will be enrolling into this plan.
For technical support, employees can call Easy Apps at 513-563-4474 ext. 5 (login issues, etc.). Once logged in, if you need technical assistance, please call that same number or use the chat box feature to connect with a service representative right away. If you have questions about the actual plan and benefits (or any of the Cigna worksite plans), please call Cigna’s Pre-Enrollment Line at 1-800-351-9214 available M-F from 8 AM-8 PM EST.
Eligible employees have the option to enroll in the group health insurance plan, which includes pharmacy, and is administered by Cigna. Available options include two Open Access Plus plans and two High Deductible from which eligible employees may select.
- Gold PPO Medical Plan - Benefit Summary
- High Medical Plan with HSA - Benefit Summary
- Low Medical Plan with HSA - Benefit Summary
This is a notice regarding your rights against surprise billing and how to notify the proper agency (CMS) when someone believes they have been wrongly billed. As outlined on page 4 of the benefits guide,
“…balance billing happens after you’ve paid your deductible, coinsurance or copayment and your insurance company has also paid everything it’s obligated to pay toward your medical bill. If there is still a balance owed on that bill and the doctor or hospital expects you to pay that balance, you’re being balance billed.”
Preventative Care Services are covered at 100% under all plans.
Eligible employees can select from three different Cigna dental insurance plans.
CIGNA MAC PLAN
Cigna 90th Plan
Cigna DHMO Plan
Plan Terminology and Definitions
Plan Notifications to Participants
- Federal Marketplace Notice
- HIPAA Notice of Privacy Practices
- Newborns’ and Mothers’ Health Protection Act
- Women’s Health and Cancer Rights Act
Eligible employees may elect Vision Insurance through CIGNA.
Health Spending Account (HSA)
Employees electing to participate in one of the HDHP medical plans will automatically be enrolled into an HSA. With an HDHP/HSA plan, the following apply:
- Lower premiums compared to the PPOs, but a higher deductible.
- You’ll pay your deductible first before your insurance plan pays anything for most services, and then you’ll pay coinsurance, not copays, in most instances.
- A health savings account (HSA) can help you save for your healthcare now and in the future, and it offers tax benefits.
- You can take the savings from your lower premium and put them in your HSA to cover your deductible.
- Your HSA balance carries over each year―and you can take it with you if you leave or retire!
- The IRS sets a limit on how much money you can put in your HSA each year (includes employer contributions).
- Your full contribution amount will not be available to you upfront. You may only spend the funds that have been added to your HSA.
Health Savings Account Resources
Flexible Spending Account & Dependent Care (FSA)
Use flexible spending accounts (FSA) to pay for healthcare and dependent care while saving money on your taxes. An FSA allows you to pay certain expenses from your pre-tax income rather than after-tax income. The maximum amount you can contribute to an FSA is set by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS).
Life and Disability Insurance
Life University provides a Basic Life and Accidental Death/Dismemberment policy for eligible, full-time employees and pays 100% of the cost.
In addition, the University pays 100% of the premium to provide both Short- and Long-Term Disability coverage to eligible, full-time employees.
Additional Voluntary Life Insurance is available to eligible employees through payroll deduction.
Optional Worksite Coverage
Additional lines of insurance coverage are available to eligible employees. Offerings include:
- Cigna- Accidental Injury Benefit Summary
- Flyer-Accidental Injury Plan Benefits
- Cigna- Critical Illness Benefit Summary
- AI CI-How to File Health Screen & Wellness Claim
- Universal Life with Long Term Care Rider
- Long Term Care
- Legal Services
Under current tax law, employees are permitted to put aside a portion of gross income and defer paying taxes on that income and the interest it earns until such time as you receive the funds (generally upon retirement). The university offers a 401(k) plan, which make it possible for employees to take advantage of this provision in the law. Deferred Compensation plans are geared for retirement, so contributions cannot be withdrawn before separation from service unless indicated by the plan document.
Know the 2022 IRS contribution limits
The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) sets limits on the amount you can contribute to workplace plans — 401(k), 403(b), and 457 plans — and to Individual Retirement Accounts (IRAs) each year.
2022 annual limits
|2023 annual limit||$22,500||$6,500|
|2022 catch-up contribution||$7,500||$1,000|
|Total if age 50||$30,000||$7,500|
Employee Resource Program (ERP) – CIGNA
The ERP through Cigna offers phone and web-based assistance to employees and managers when they need help with day-to-day issues, so they can be at their best — at work and at home.
100% Confidential Services – Available 24/7 – Call 877-622-4327.Assistance is available for:
- Legal Assistance: 30-minute consultation with an attorney, face to face or by phone.*
- Financial: 30-minute phone consultation with a qualified specialist on topics such as debt counseling or planning for retirement.
- 8 four face-to-face counseling sessions with a counselor in your area, as well as video-based sessions.
- Identity Theft: 60-minute consultation with a fraud resolution specialist.
Policies & Disclosures
- Life University Policy on Informed Consent
- Faculty Handbook
- Employee Referral Program
- Promotion, Reclassification & Transfer Policy
- Social Media Policy
- Computer Use Policy
- Fraternization and Employment of Relatives Policy
- Alcohol & Drug Abuse Policy
- Family Medical & Leave Act
- Grievance Process
- Conflict of Interest Policy
- Tobacco and Smoke Free Campus Policy
- Sexual Misconduct
- Growth Through Life Policy
- Leave Request Form
- Employee Development Plan Review Form
- Transfer Policy
- Travel/Expense Policy
- Direct Deposit Form
- Interview Checklist
- Interview EEO Log
- Interview Evaluation Form
- Student Worker Attendance Form
- Employee Counseling Form
- Address/Name Change Form
- Employee Reimbursement Form
- Growth Through LIFE Tuition Application
- Grievance Appeal Form
- Annual Supervisor Performance Appraisal
- Annual Employee Performance Appraisal
- 90 Day Supervisor Performance Appraisal
- 90 Day Employee Performance Appraisal
- Volunteer Service Application
- Volunteer Service Agreement Release Form
- 401(k) Annual Report
- Lincoln Financial Group
- Budgeting for Your Financial Future
- Credit Union of Georgia
- Employee Debt Obligation Policy