The International Clinic Program is part of the PEAK Clinical Program. This program allows senior clinical interns to spend an entire quarter in international locations working in clinical settings.
At Life University, we teach our students to be global citizens with responsibilities that go far beyond their hometowns. Some of our senior-level students have the opportunity to take the Life University motto of “To Give, To Do, To Love, To Serve – out of a Sense of Abundance” international by participating in one of our International Clinic Programs. The students who participate in this program are able to live the real-world applications of their educations and see the beneficial effects of chiropractic care within a different culture. We are currently sending students to Sweden, New Zealand, Peru, Ghana and Argentina.
When can I participate in the International Clinics Program (ICP)?
Students in 13th and 14th quarters of the Doctor of Chiropractic degree program at Life University are eligible for participation.
What are the specific requirements for participation?
To be considered for participation in the ICP, students must:
- Have a minimum GPA of 2.5
- Submit one letter of recommendation from a Life University Faculty Clinician
- Be approved/cleared by the Coordinator of College Programs
- Not be on academic probation at the time of application to the program
- Have no unresolved honor code issues
- Have zero tuition balance prior to departure
When do I need to apply?
Applications must be submitted no later than Friday of Week 2 of the quarter prior to your desired quarter abroad.
Do my academic classes need to be complete prior to my participation in the ICP?
No. However, your classes need to be completed the quarter you return.
How much does it cost to go?
Your expenses while participating in the ICP vary by location. For example, the cost of living in New Zealand, Sweden and Argentina are relatively high; the plane tickets to New Zealand and Ghana are generally the most expensive. To assist you in financing participation in the ICP, we have arranged with the Financial Aid Department to add the cost of your plane ticket and the housing of your international stay to your financial aid package. Life University does not charge additional program fees for participation in the ICP.
Are there any scholarships available?
Yes. Two scholarships can be awarded each quarter. The amount awarded will be 50% Tuition for one quarter while attending clinic abroad. The application deadline is Friday of Week 9 before quarter abroad.
- Applicant must be accepted to participate in clinic abroad
- Applicant must have a cumulative D.C. GPA of 2.75 or higher
- Applicant must have earned no grades of “F” or “NP” in clinic and must have no pending or actual honor code violations on record
- Applicant must show financial need by completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) application that is available on-line at www.fafsa.ed.gov
- Request Scholarship Application from Cami Sullivan
For more information regarding International Clinic Programs, please contact Cami Sullivan, Coordinator of College Programs, at 770.426.2906 or Camille.Sullivan@LIFE.edu.