Campus Recreation and Wellness provides a variety of recreational and educational programs to students, faculty, and staff. Through wellness programs, Life U Fitness Center, intramural events, and club sports, we offer opportunities to get our campus outside of the classroom and engaging in our campus community. Contact us today to see how you can get involved!
Front desk number: 770-426-2870
Life U Fitness Center Facility Hours
|Monday||6:00am – 1:00pm, 2:00pm – 8:00pm|
|Tuesday||6:00am – 1:00pm, 2:00pm – 8:00pm|
|Wednesday||6:00am – 1:00pm, 2:00pm – 8:00pm|
|Thursday||6:00am – 1:00pm, 2:00pm – 8:00pm|
|Friday||6:00am – 1:00pm, 2:00pm – 5:00pm|
|Saturday||9:00am – 6:00pm|
|Sunday||9:00am – 5:00pm|
In compliance with CDC recommendations regarding COVID-19, Campus Recreation and Wellness is committed to regular cleaning and physical distancing to facilitate patron use. The Fitness Center is closed Monday through Friday from 1:00pm – 2:00pm for deep cleaning.
In order to use the Life U Fitness Center, Patrons are required to engage in the following:
- Patrons are limited to 60-minute workouts.
- Patrons will be required to reserve a time slot by creating an account on IMLeagues.
- Patrons will be limited to one reservation per day. Entry times will be staggered every 30 minutes to allow for appropriate physical distancing throughout the facility and locker rooms.
- Patrons must follow physical distancing practice, wear face coverings when physical distancing cannot be maintained, and clean any equipment immediately before and after use. Face coverings are required when entering the Life U Fitness Center, when in the Locker Rooms, or when conversing in general open space. Face Coverings are not required when actively exercising on equipment or when engaging in organized fitness classes.
- Patron’s must maintain compliance with all On Campus Covid-19 Operation Guidelines, including temperature screening prior to entering the facility.
Campus Recreation and Wellness Policies
The Life U Fitness Center:
Patrons are required to being their LIFE ID to The Life U Fitness Center for facility access. All Patrons must check-in upon entering and existing the Life U Fitness Center.
- Patrons are required to follow Covid-19 Campus Operating guidelines, which includes acquiring temperature check wrist band. Wrist band must be warn and shown to Front Desk Attendant upon entering the Life U Fitness Center.
- No food or drink are allowed in the facility except for water. Water bottles must have a leakproof lid. Glass containers are prohibited.
- Personal items (bags, cellphones, clothing, etc.) must be stored in a locker. Personal items are not to be placed on the facility floor or laid on equipment. For the safety of all patrons please keep the facility floor free of personal items.
- Audio/Video recording and photography are prohibited without written consent.
- Patrons are expected to clean the equipment before and after each use. Disposable wipes are available throughout the facility.
- Patrons must re-rack their weights and equipment when finished with a workout.
To promote safety, reduce the spread of communicable diseases, and prevent excessive wear and tear on the equipment, all Life U Fitness Center patrons are asked to wear appropriate workout attire while working out in The Life U Fitness Center. The following items are required:
- Athletic Shirts
- Athletic pants/shorts
- Closed Toed Athletic Shoes
Campus Recreation and Wellness strives to provide thoughtful programs for a wide variety of participants and patrons. Each program area is managed with specific policies to address the safety and wellbeing of the users within the programmatic areas offered through Physical Fitness, Intramural Sports, Wellness Programs, and Sport Clubs. Policy violations will be addressed on an individual basis but can result in loss of access to The Life U Fitness Center or denied access to Campus Recreation and Wellness Programs. Egregious violations will be addressed using the Life University Student Conduct Process though the Division of Student Affairs.