Visitor Parking / Temporary Parking Permits
All visitors to the Life University campus are required to come to the Campus Safety Department upon their arrival to campus. The Campus Safety Department is located in MOD 2 behind the Learning Resources Center Click here for Campus Map. Additionally, any unregistered car on campus (one that does not have a current Life University parking decal) will need to obtain a temporary pass. Temporary parking passes must be displayed on the front dash of the vehicle at all times and must be returned.
If you have a scheduled appointment with a faculty or staff member, you can obtain a visitor’s parking pass ahead of time directly from the person you are visiting. This temporary visitor’s parking pass will be sent to you via email as a PDF document containing the specific date and time you will be on campus. You will need to print this pass out and display it clearly on your dashboard when you are on campus. If you have any questions, please contact the Campus Safety Department at 770.426.2681.
Life University Vehicle Registration Process
All vehicles on Life University property are required to be registered and display a parking decal or temporary permit in accordance with listed guidelines. The decals or permits can be obtained at the Campus Safety Department office located at Mod 2, Monday through Friday between 7:00 a.m. and 10:00 p.m., excluding holidays and other school closing days. A valid Driver’s License, LIFE ID and Vehicle Registration are required to obtain a parking decal.
Life University provides parking for vehicles that display a valid parking decal, which must be affixed as prescribed. A valid parking decal should be affixed on the lower left side of the rear window on the outside of the vehicle or on the stationary portion of the fork on motorcycles. Valid temporary decals must be displayed on the dashboard of the vehicle with identification information being clearly visible to the outside. Convertibles or cars with louvers may place the decal on the outside on the front windshield in a place not to block your vision while driving. Note: Decals must be affixed by Friday of the first week of class for new students.
Decals are issued at the Campus Safety Department. In some cases, a special designation/marking (e.g. car pools, student council officers, student ambassadors, and medical waivers) may be issued to authorized persons. Only one special designation/marking will be issued for each authorized person. The type of designation will be determined by the Campus Safety Department.
The following information is required:
- Valid Driver’s License
- Valid Vehicle Registration
- Life University ID
Parking & Decals
Students, during restricted parking, must park only in areas designated for student parking as indicated below and must have active decals. Parking is restricted Monday through Friday except holidays and school breaks, 6:00 AM – 5:00 PM. All other times the are open parking except for spaces specifcially reserved or blocked off. Failure to comply will result in fines. Parking Lots are designated as follows:
- Faculty and Staff must have a Staff/Faculty Running Eagle decal or hanger and must park in White Lots or the overflow parking lot.
- Life Village Retreat residents must have a Red decal and must park in their assigned reserved space in the parking deck only during restricted hours.
- Commons Residents must have an Orange decal and must park in the reserved spaces in the Commons parking lot only.
- Students not residing in the Village Retreat or Commons must have a Green Decal and must park in the designated lots with yellow parking lines, overflow lots, or non-reserved Red or Orange parking lots.
- Patients, Faculty/Staff parking at the C-HOP parking lot must park in the designated spaces within the lot. Students are not allowed to park in the C-HOP parking areas.
- The Overflow Parking Lot is located across the street from the Human Resources Department (1085 Barclay Circle). This lot is open to students, faculty/staff and visitors.
- Red carpool hanger must be displayed and two or more people must exit the vehicle at the time it is parked. Carpool passes are obtained at Campus Safety. Both people signing up for the carpool hanger must be present at the time the hanger is issued.
- Blue decals are designated for off-site parking which is at the Harry’s Farmers Market off of Roswell Road. Security and shuttle service are provided. The parking may also be used by staff, faculty and students for overflow parking.
Life University honors valid disability placards and plates from all states. It is our policy to ticket and impound vehicles occupying handicap-parking spaces without displaying the proper placard or plate; the fine is $100.00. Life University adheres to the requirements for disability parking set forth in the Georgia Code Section 40-6-222. The student must also obtain the proper color decal, which must be affixed to the vehicle in accordance with guidelines. The valid state issued decal/placard and/or plate must be registered with the Public Safety Department. Note: The decal/placard and/or plate are issued to the person and not the vehicle; therefore, the person using the decal/placard and/or plate must be the same person to whom the decal/placard or plate was issued.
Other Parking Passes
All drivers of vehicles wishing to park on campus must have a pass issued by a department that they are visiting, or they must come to the Campus Safety Department located in Mod 2 to obtain a temporary pass for any of the following reasons.
- Driving an unregistered car on campus (Does not have a current University decal).
- Spouse, girl/boyfriend, acquaintance or patient drives a student owned car on campus, (Failure to obtain a pass may subject the car to being towed). Student Spouse passes are available for the current quarter and maybe used in student parking only.
- Visitors: The permit should be displayed on the front dash of the vehicle at all times while on Life University property.
- Injury Passes: Documentation and an Injury Pass Application is needed in order to obtain an Injury Pass from Campus Safety. The pass allows a person to park in the closest available non-reserve space available in any lot. This pass does not allow anyone to use Handicap Parking. Handicap Parking is by State issue permit only.
Loading and Unloading Zones
Any unattended vehicles in a loading/unloading zone will be subject to being towed unless:
- The flashers are on.
- the vehicle is not there for more than 10 minutes.
- The vehicle is attended by a person who can legally drive, has the keys and can move the vehicle in an emergency situation.