CETL helps faculty investigate ways to inspire learning; implement innovative teaching programs and technologies; enhance their research and scholarship as contributors to the academic community; and use reflection and self-evaluation as tools for personal and professional growth. LIFE professors aren’t just teachers; they’re lifelong learners.
CETL Learning Resource Center
Monday – Friday 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
After Hours – Obtain Key from the Library front desk (must show LIFE Faculty ID)
To reserve the CETL Lab or the Faculty Atrium, please email CETL@LIFE.edu.
Bill Watson, Director
Jason Rodenbeck, Instructional Designer
Joyce Kim, Project Coordinator
- To provide on-going mentoring and development in scholarship of teaching and learning through workshops and interactive learning environments
- To provide a basis to advance instructional development through mentoring, peer coaching, teaching improvement workshops and consultation
- To prepare effective leaders who understand formal and informal leadership styles
- To promote the acquisition of instructional technology tools and provide training and support to prepare faculty to use available technology in the presentation of their instruction and research
- To create an effective institutional climate that values and rewards education and research, fosters continual learning, commits resources to faculty development programs and formulates policies and procedures that shape educational excellence and guide faculty behaviors
Resources for faculty development, including current programs, grant request applications and information, can be found on the Blackboard course ‘CETL eCenter.’ Please click on ‘+ Quick Enroll’ in order to access the CETL eCenter page.