Life University’s Health and Wellness Associate degree program is designed for individuals who wish to take part in America’s cultural change toward sustainable health choices, fitness and wellness-centered lifestyles. Upon completion of this health science degree’s requirements, graduates will be prepared to seek employment with recreational and health club facilities; community or corporate wellness programs; or pursue independent contracting. Alternatively, graduates may choose to continue their education through various professional certifications and advanced degree programs.
- Identify and differentiate between various employment settings where a health specialist’s service is needed.
- Identify commonplace barriers which inhibit people from maintaining a healthy lifestyle while also utilizing motivational strategies to inspire and encourage people toward sustainable health choices.
- Demonstrate proficiency in essential skills such as communication, collaboration and data analysis.
- Explain both the individual and cultural implications of nutrition within community levels.
- Develop a working comprehension of basic public health principles related to mental, environmental, nutritional and physical health.
- Extrapolate from fundamental biological and chemical concepts on the molecular level to the role of these processes in macro scale system functionality.
- Evaluate and assess various common factors frequently associated with health risks and major health issues.
- Adeptly integrate the psychological and physical dimensions of wellness.
Whether they choose to practice in fast-paced urban environments, create comprehensive community wellness centers or team up with nonprofits to bring chiropractic care to underserved communities, graduates of Life U’s A.S. Health and Wellness degree program will emerge as:
- Nursing Home Administrator
- Clinical Manager
- Health Information Manager
- Corporate Wellness Coordinator
Links to Learn More
For more information on degree specifics, requirements and curriculum offerings, please visit Loading….
Employment of medical and health services managers is projected to grow 32% from 2020 to 2030, much faster than the average of all occupations.
The median annual wage for medical and health services managers was $104,280 in May 2020.