Graduating Student Ceremony Instructions
The following instructions are for DC, Graduate and Undergraduate students.
- Leave all personal belongings with family/friends
- Make sure you have your cap, gown, tassel
- Hood – DC, Master’s students only
Arrive on site:
- Report to the designated area identified by Student Affairs 45 minutes prior to your ceremony start time.
- Check in with staff and receive your name card.
- Go to the line-up area as instructed by Student Affairs personnel.
- Do not leave personal items behind; the space will not be secured during the ceremony.
Processional (entering ceremony):
- Approximately 30 minutes prior to the ceremony start time, you will begin to line up in two columns.
- Move to your seat, but do not sit until directed to do so by the Dean of Students.
- By department, students will be directed to approach the stage.
- Hand your name card to the commencement reader.
- All students walk across the stage, shake hands and get photographed with the president.
- You will receive a diploma cover at Commencement, and diplomas will be mailed 6-8 weeks following Commencement.
- After exiting the stage, you will have a professional photograph.
- Return to your seat.