Applying for Graduation
Applying for Graduation
- Your graduation application is your official notification to Life University that you intend on graduating. It is mandatory to submit your application whether you intend on participating in a ceremony or not. There is no fee to submit your application or participate in the graduation ceremony.
- Your graduation application contains important information such as how you want your name to appear on your diploma and your post-graduation delivery address for mailing your diploma.
- If your anticipated graduation quarter changes, you must:
- Fill out and submit the “Extended Graduation Form.”
- Notify the Registrar’s office at LURegistrar@LIFE.edu that you have changed your anticipated graduation term.
Submit your graduation application in EagleNet by clicking “Academics” then “Graduation Application”.
Degrees are conferred four times a year, at the end of each quarter. The date of the diploma reflects the term for which you applied and completed all degree requirements. Life University holds four commencement ceremonies: March, June, September, and December. More ceremony details can be found here.
GRADES AND GRADE POINT AVERAGE (GPA)
A “C” average (2.0 GPA) in all major courses is required in the College of Undergraduate Studies and College of Chiropractic, with the exception of the Nutrition Department (undergraduate) where a “B” average (3.0 GPA) is required. A “B” average (3.0 GPA) is required in the College of Graduate Studies. Receiving a “D” or “F” in a major course or failing to obtain the required GPA during your final quarter can result in your degree not being awarded.
MEETING WITH ADVISOR(S)
You must meet with each major advisor to discuss your graduation plan. Refer to EagleNet under “My Progress” to see your degree completion and plan your meeting with your advisor.
UPDATE CONTACT INFORMATION
Keep your address and phone number(s) current in EagleNet. You should also regularly check your Life University student email account to view important messages sent by the Office of the Registrar regarding degree requirements and progress toward degree completion.
CAPS & GOWNS
Graduates participating in Life University commencement ceremonies will be provided a cap and gown. Contact the Office of Student Affairs at 770.426.2700 for additional information.
Diplomas are ordered after all final grades have been verified and your degree has been conferred by the Office of the Registrar. Once ordered, the diploma may take up to six weeks to arrive. If you have any graduation or student account holds, your diploma will not be ordered until rectified. Please ensure you do not have any outstanding holds that will delay this process.
Once all final grades have been verified and your degree has been conferred, final transcripts will be available. Life University does not provide complimentary transcripts. For more information about obtaining transcripts, please click here.