arrow-down arrow-left arrow-nav arrow-right arrow-up close db-alumni db-current db-faculty db-fmaily db-future db-online download facebook gallery help linked-in maximize menu minimize pause play print search share twitter youtube zinfolio

Housing FAQ

Hoisung FAQ


How can I cancel my housing assignment?

Please complete the cancellation form and send to

I wish to change my meal plan; how do I change it?

There are only two meal plan options when residing in Commons Residence Hall. Default meal plan is the 120 but if you would like to increase it, then the meal plan 190 us available.

How do I access my email address?

You can read the “Accessing Your Email Address” FAQ page by clicking the link below:

Accessing Your Email Address

What is a residency requirement?

A residency requirement requires students who fit particular criteria upon entry into the University to reside in university housing for a given length of time. Life University requires all first-time freshmen to live in housing for one academic year, which is defined as the Fall, Winter and Spring Quarters.

How do I apply for Housing?

Instructions to apply for Housing can be found here:

How do I pay for Housing?

Your housing charges are applied to your student account at the beginning of each quarter. You can pay for housing by logging into your EagleNet account and making a payment.

Can I apply for an exemption to the Residency Requirement?

Yes, students are able to submit an exemption to the residency requirement by completely the form found here.

Can I have a private room?

Single rooms and studio apartments are assigned on a first come, first serve basis.

Does Life University have family housing?

Yes, family housing is available in Life’s Village Retreat on a space availability basis. For more information on the family housing policy, please contact the Office of Housing and Residence Life at or 770-419-5554.

Can I have a pet in my room?

No, animals are not allowed in the residence hall unless they are an approved Service or Emotional Support Animal. For information on requesting housing accommodations due to a disability, please visit our Disability Services webpage (Disability Services) or contact Dr. Genelle Haney at

If I require an early move-in, what steps do I need to take?

If you require an early move-in, you will need to submit an early arrival request to the Office of Housing and Residence Life by emailing Once you contact our office for an early move-in, you will receive an email from our office letting you know if we can accommodate your request. Please note that if your early arrival is approved, you will be charged an early arrival fee per each night you arrive early.

How high do the beds raise in the residence halls?

The beds in The Commons will raise a total of 36 inches providing students roughly 3 feet of under bed storage if the bed is raised to the maximum height. The beds in Life’s Village Retreat, the beds are raised roughly 20 inches off the ground providing the student about a foot and half of under bed storage.

Can I ship my items to my residence hall prior to my move-in?

Mail/shipped packages and deliveries will not be accepted at the University prior to a student’s check-in date.

I am wanting to bring a microfridge with me to campus. Are there any specific requirements that they must meet?

The microfridge cannot exceed 2.9 cubic feet or draw more than 1.5 amps of energy. Please coordinate with your roommate(s) so that there is only one appliance per two students.

I would like to move to a different room during the quarter. What steps do I need to take to request a room change?

If you would like to participate in a room change, you will need to contact the Office of Housing and Residence Life at or 770-419.5554.