Students who qualify for Veterans Education benefits should first apply with the Office of Veterans Affairs at https://www.va.gov/education/how-to-apply/
Once the application process is complete, the VA will send a Certificate of Eligibility letter to qualified veterans, servicemembers, or dependents. This letter should emailed to email@example.com or dropped off at the Student Advocacy desk located in the Learning Resource Center.
Below are a few notes before starting your benefits at Life:
- Chapter 35(DEA) recipients should be ready to provide the VA File number of the veteran of whom they are receiving benefits through.
- Some students may qualify for multiple VA chapters. Students may only receive benefits from one chapter at a time and must elect which benefit chapter to use.
- Veterans may be required to submit a copy of their DD-214 (Member-4 copy preferred)
- If you have used your VA benefits at another institution, please follow the link to complete VA form 22-1995 for veterans or VA Form 22-5495 for dependents.
- Chapter 33( Post 9/11) recipients who are not covered at 100% should be prepared to pay any remaining tuition and mandatory fees by the fee payment deadline; additional financial aid options are available.
- Any reduction or increase in class load/credit hours will be reported to the VA within 30 days and may affect your benefits or billing. Please check with the School Certifying Official if you are uncertain about how a change may affect you.
We highly recommend that you use the eBenefit self-service portal to manage your benefits. Click here for more information.
Yellow Ribbon Program
Life University is proud to be a Yellow Ribbon program participant! The Yellow Ribbon program provides Chapter 33(Post 9/11) recipients who receive benefits at the 100% level with additional funding to help cover tuition and mandatory fees. A student has to remain eligible for the Post 9/11 GI Bill® to be eligible for the Yellow Ribbon program. Active servicemembers and spouses of active servicemembers are excluded from this program.
To begin receiving Yellow Ribbon funding, students must have reached the annual maximum benefit rate for private institutions. The annual maximum benefit rates for private institutions is determined annually by the VA. and can be located by visiting the rate tables for the Post 9/11 GI Bill for the current year. fiscal year begins in and ends in July the following year. For Life University, the rates renew each fall.
Students who qualify could receive:
|Life University Contribution||$3,000||$4,000||$5,000|
|Veteran Administration Match||$3,000||$4,000||$5,000|
For questions or further assistance, please email Elizabeth Geisz at firstname.lastname@example.org.
GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at https://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill.