arrow-down arrow-left arrow-nav arrow-right arrow-up close db-alumni db-current db-faculty db-fmaily db-future db-online download facebook gallery help linked-in maximize menu minimize pause play print search share twitter youtube zinfolio

Veterans Administration

Students who qualify for veteran’s education benefits should first apply with the Veterans Administration (V.A.) by visiting

Once the application process is complete, the V.A. will send a “Certificate of Eligibility” letter to qualified veterans education benefit recipients. This letter should be brought to the School Certifying Official (SCO) located in the office of the Registrar.

  • Veterans should also bring a copy of their DD-214
  • Dependents Education Assistance (DEA)/Ch.35 recipients should be ready to provide the social security number of the qualified Veteran.
  • Some students may qualify for multiple V.A. Chapters. Students may only receive benefits from one chapter at a time and must elect which benefit chapter to use.
  • If you have used your V.A. Benefits at another institution, a 22-1995 form for change of major/place of training will be required.
  • Depending on a student’s education benefit percentage, some tuition may not be paid by the V.A.; Additional financial aid options are available.
  • Any reduction or increase in class load/credit hours will be reported to the V.A. and may affect your billing. Check with the SCO if you are uncertain about how a change may affect you.

We highly recommend the use of your self-service eBenefits portal to manage your benefits. Click here for more information.

Yellow Ribbon Program

Life University is proud to be a Yellow Ribbon Program Participant. The Yellow Ribbon Program is a tuition assistance program for veterans or dependents whom are 100% vested, Post 9/11 Chapter 33 benefit recipients, as determined by the V.A. Active service members are excluded from this program.

To begin receiving Yellow Ribbon funds, students must have reached the annual maximum benefit rate for private institutions. The annual maximum benefit rates for private institutions is determined annually by the V.A. and can be located by visiting the rate tables for the Post 9/11 GI Bill for the year in question. The fiscal year begins in August and ends in July the following year.

Students whom qualify could receive:

Undergraduate Graduate Doctorate
Life University Contribution $3,000 $4,000 $5,000
Veteran Administration Match $3,000 $4,000 $5,000
Total $6,000 $8,000 $10,000

To apply, students should fill out a Yellow Ribbon application at the Registrar’s office. Most students should apply for Yellow Ribbon benefits for our Spring quarter.

For questions or further assistance, please email Leroysha Carmichael at

We use cookies to give you the best online experience. By agreeing, you accept the use of cookies in accordance with our cookie policy. You can always change your settings with the Policy Center link in the footer.          Cookie Settings.

Privacy Settings

When you visit any web site, it may store or retrieve information on your browser, mostly in the form of cookies which we use to offer you a better experience and related content. Control your personal Cookie Services here.

In order to use this website we use the following technically required cookies
  • wordpress_test_cookie
  • wordpress_logged_in_
  • wordpress_sec
  • wp-settings-8
  • wp-settings-time-8

  • wp-settings-8
  • wp-settings-time-8

Decline all Services
Accept all Services