Students who qualify for veteran’s education benefits should first apply with the Veterans Administration (V.A.) by visiting http://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill/apply.asp.
Once the application process is complete, the V.A. will send a “Certificate of Eligibility” letter to qualified veterans education benefit recipients. This letter should be brought to the School Certifying Official (SCO) located in the office of the Registrar.
- Veterans should also bring a copy of their DD-214
- Dependents Education Assistance (DEA)/Ch.35 recipients should be ready to provide the social security number of the qualified Veteran.
- Some students may qualify for multiple V.A. Chapters. Students may only receive benefits from one chapter at a time and must elect which benefit chapter to use.
- If you have used your V.A. Benefits at another institution, a 22-1995 form for change of major/place of training will be required.
- Depending on a student’s education benefit percentage, some tuition may not be paid by the V.A.; Additional financial aid options are available.
- Any reduction or increase in class load/credit hours will be reported to the V.A. and may affect your billing. Check with the SCO if you are uncertain about how a change may affect you.
Yellow Ribbon Program
Life University is proud to be a Yellow Ribbon Program Participant. The Yellow Ribbon Program is a tuition assistance program for veterans or dependents whom are 100% vested, Post 9/11 Chapter 33 benefit recipients, as determined by the V.A. Active service members are excluded from this program.
To begin receiving Yellow Ribbon funds, students must have reached the annual maximum benefit rate for private institutions. The annual maximum benefit rates for private institutions is determined annually by the V.A. and can be located by visiting the rate tables for the Post 9/11 GI Bill for the year in question. The fiscal year begins in August and ends in July the following year.
Students whom qualify could receive:
|Life University Contribution||$3,000||$4,000||$5,000|
|Veteran Administration Match||$3,000||$4,000||$5,000|
To apply, students should fill out a Yellow Ribbon application at the Registrar’s office. Most students should apply for Yellow Ribbon benefits for our Spring quarter.
For questions or further assistance, please email Leroysha Carmichael at email@example.com.